Dental emergencies occur in different forms, and it can happen to the jaw, gums, or the soft tissue of the mouth. Your quick response actions will determine the salvation of your teeth after an injury.
Who is an Emergency Dentist?
An emergency dentist is a healthcare provider who can handle any oral health emergencies. They can easily identify a diagnosis for any dental emergency. An emergency dental clinic open on Sunday is a perfect place to go to when you need immediate dental care. Ignoring dental problems can affect your oral health.
The Relevance of an Emergency Dentist
The main priority is finding relief and acquiring a proper diagnosis. The reason behind the visit to the dentist might be a toothache or other dental emergencies.
Here are a few reasons why an emergency dentist is the best option for you:
Addresses serious pain
The pain associated with a broken tooth can be extreme, especially if a nerve in the tooth gets damaged. In instances where an emergency crown or root canal is needed, immediate attention is required.
An emergency dentist can mend a chipped or a cracked tooth
A composite resin with the same color as your teeth can be used in the repair of chipped or cracked teeth. The resin is bound to the portion of the teeth that are damaged to help make the teeth stronger.It also adds an underlying structure to the teeth that ensure your teeth remain in place firmly. No matter how small a crack may seem, it can still cause bacteria movement into the teeth where the germs may transmit disease.
Saves your teeth
Research shows that how you handle yourself after a dental accident counts a lot, especially if you want to save your tooth. A cracked tooth is easy to treat if the damage has not yet extended below the gum line. It’s difficult to save a tooth once the damage has reached the pulp. An emergency dentist in Calgary, NE, will perform a bonding procedure that might help save your tooth.
Situations Where You MayNeed an Emergency Dentist
Sometimes it can be hard to tell if your accident is an emergency or not. Some common dental emergencies includechipped, cracked or partially dislodged tooth, broken dentures, post-dental surgery complications, and many more.
If you experience the following signs and symptoms, you should make an appointment with your emergency dentist at Calgary, NE, immediately:
- Severe bleeding. If you are bleeding from your mouth and it doesn’t stop, visit any dentist near you in NE Calgary right away. The dentist will identify the bleeding spot and treat it. Blood thinners such as aspirin should be avoided because they make it hard for the blood to clot.
- Intense pain. The dentist’s main objective is to locate the source of the pain and treat it. Broken teeth or nerve damage can cause intense aches necessitating the need for immediate attention from a dental practitioner.
- You have a swollen jaw or face. Swelling up might be a sign of an abscess. An abscess should be treated right away since the infection might spread into the floor of the mouth, creating the need for oral surgery. If you notice any swelling,you can try placing a bag of ice wrapped in cloth against the area to minimize it. Ensure you seek help immediately.
- Missing teeth. If your tooth falls or gets knocked out, there are a few things you can do to help save it. Once you locate the lost tooth, rinse it in warm water and be careful not to scrape anything off.Take a cup that contains milk and place the tooth inside, then visit the dentist.
The following are tips that might help in case of a dental accident:
- Do not panic
- Give the dental clinic a call
- Use warm water to clean your mouth
- If you are bleeding putting pressure on that area might help
- Get a friend or a relative to drive you to the clinic
Zen Dental is adental officelocated in Calgarythat offers emergency services, among others, such as general and cosmetic dentistry. Our dentistry is open throughout the week including Sunday, and we offer multilingual services in French, Chinese, Arabic, English, Vietnamese, English, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, and Tagalog. Visit us today or call toschedule an appointment,and we’ll be more than happy to accommodate you.